httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Randolf Richardson" <ra...@inter-corporate.com>
Subject Re: -- Apache: Not enough file descriptors --
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 23:59:04 GMT
	Gunter, thank you for forwarding my message -- I really
appreciate you taking the time to do this for me.

	I got all your messages but haven't had time to keep up
because I just got notice recently from my upstream provider that
my IP addresses are all changing and so lately I'm very busy with
switching everything over (it's a big job for 500 internet domains).

	I was wondering, in the code for Apache, is there an item called
"FD_SETSIZE" or some such?  I remember reading somewhere
that increasing this from its current setting of "64" may help solve
the problem -- perhaps if you find it you can change it to 65535 or
something and I can let you know if that solves the problem?

	Thanks once again for everything, and I'm sorry for not getting
back to you earlier.

Randolf Richardson - rr@8x.ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
http://www.8x.ca/