httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: 304's and mod-include
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2001 19:16:01 GMT
Ian Holsman wrote:

>found something interesting.
>
>a mod-included page (which by it's nature is dynamic)
>is getting 304's returned instead of running the page.
>

>I'm just wondering if we should remove the 'Last-Modified' and 'ETag'
>fields from the header-out response. (like we do with the
>content-length)

I suppose the best way to handle Last-Modified for mod_include would
be to use the most recent of all of the timestamps of the included
files, and suppress the Last-Modified if any included component is
dynamic.  But that might be a lot more trouble than it's worth;
simply removing Last-Modified and ETag is much easier.

--Brian