httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:06:27 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> > > http://modules.apache.org/
> > >
> > > Perhaps this isn't frequently referenced enough from our own pages???
> >
> > There is currently no way to distinguish between apache-supported (but
> > not included in the core) modules, and third party modules which have no
> > implied level of code quality. This distinction is very important from a
> > user perspective.
>
> That has nothing to do with the comment by Gomez Henri;

He pointed out http://modules.apache.org/, and I pointed out what I
believe is a shortcoming of http://modules.apache.org/.

When I look for modules as a user, I want an indication as to the code
quality in those modules. If a module was either written or is supported
by someone who is involved with the apache core, I want to know about
that because it affects my choice of whether I deploy a module or not.
Currently not-updated-in-four years module-lets are listed side-by-side
with things like mod_perl, mod_php, etc.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street