httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 22:59:13 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> If the module is a part of the server, then it must work
> before the server is production ready.  You can't have a
> module that doesn't work in a server that is going GA,
> it doesn't make sense.  You will find if you read the
> archives, that we have cancelled releases in the past,
> because a single module did not work correctly.

I believe that none of the above are true for modules
in the experimental directory.  I believe such have a long
history of having build or run-time failures which have had
no impact on releases whatsoever.  They eventually get
fixed, but they in no way have been a blocking factor.

I still do not think your veto is valid here, Ryan, at
least when applied to the subject of putting mod_gz in
experimental.  Anywhere else, and the only criterion I
consider valid from your list is failing to meet the
consensually-decided requirements.  The rest still sounds
like opinion to me.
--
#ken	P-)}