httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 18:12:06 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> Just ran a few tests with OtherBill.  IIS 5.0's default behavior, at least, is
> not to gzip an html file.  We already support gzip encoding today.  This
> discussion is about on-the-fly gzip compression.

I tried to negotiate a gzip compressed document from a dynamic ASP file
on an IIS v5.0 server, and it returned gzipped content to me - so IIS is
certainly capable of gzipping arbitrary content. This was against a
public server out there, so I'm not sure of what the default behavior is
like.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon