httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: There will be no mod_gzip included in 2.0
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 00:36:25 GMT
TOKILEY@aol.com wrote:

> Due to comments made in a private email to
> myself and my company from one of your top level
> board members this is to inform everyone that we
> can stop this nonsense right now because there
> will BE no submission of mod_gzip for Apache 2.0
> to this group.

I suspect that mine was the private message that
caused this.  People who wanted mod_gzip can execrate
and blame me for it, and that is the only reason I am
posting this -- so people know whom to blame if they
want to do so.  I do not intend to post any more on
this topic.

The 'veto' above is how RC chooses to interpret my
'probably' statement below; what I said privately was,
in part,

> So when it comes down to it, despite any technical merits,
> I will probably vote against RC simply because I think you are
> excellent examples of non-team-players and Ian (or
> just about anyone else) would be easier to deal with.
> You do not answer questions, you duck and cover and handwave,
> and you resort to ad hominem attacks, both of you.

and RC chooses to regard that as a veto, even though not
expressed as such and not on the list.
--
#ken	P-)}