httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: zlib inclusion and mod_gz(ip) recap
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 21:33:37 GMT
TOKILEY@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 01-09-05 14:44:54 EDT, Marc Selmko wrote...
>
> >  And your motives are entirely altruistic?  Why do I have
> >  problems with that?  See, if you were going about this right
> >  it would not be RC versus AG, it would be 'us'.
>
> See previous message reagrding 'didactic self-righteous asshole'.

You know, you could have responded with 'no, we are not altruistic;
here is what we hope to get from it.'  Or with 'yes, we are
being altruistic; aren't a lot of people who work on open source?'
As it is, you did not even address the question.

> Also see previous message regarding any comment about
> recent Covalent/Compaq deal and/or similar deals going on
> right under your motive-sniffing nose.

Um, and read the replies I already posted about it.

> None of us have to ever come here at all. ( See... I used US...
> that means EVERYONE... happy now? ).
>
> If we ever show our faces here at all it's because we
> want to be here.

True enough for everyone.  (Except any who might be here as
a job assignment.)  The question I asked was, 'Why do you
want to be here?'  An answer of 'none of your business' is
perfectly acceptable (though probably not constructive), and
certainly preferable to pointless insults that do not address
the question.
--
#ken	P-)}