httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: sub requests are all "GET"s
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 19:10:52 GMT
Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> Can anybody suggest a reason that sub request methods would _not_
> default to the parent requests method?

Well, consider the situation of the parent request using POST.
When you constructed your subrequest you would need to also
provide an entity-body or explicitly set Content-length to zero.
I suspect one of the original arguments may have been that GET
and HEAD are defined as idempotent and therefore essentially
repeatable and transparent to the effect of the original request.
--
#ken	P-)}