httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: warnings on sol 2.6
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2001 04:29:59 GMT
On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 12:24:08AM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> A few warnings that have shown up on Solaris 2.6 sometime within the last
> few weeks:
>
> thread.c: In function `apr_thread_once_init':
> thread.c:261: warning: missing braces around initializer
> thread.c:261: warning: (near initialization for
> `once_init.__pthread_once_pad')

I've seen this on Solaris 8 as well.  I was tempted to commit the {}s,
and I know that it compiles fine on Linux 2.4 with the {}.  Anyone
else care to comment?

Linux defines PTHREAD_ONCE as 0, but Solaris defines it as a
structure and hence wants the {}.  Is there a side effect if we
place too many {}s?  I forget if they are fluff or not.

> thread_rwlock.c:224: warning: no previous prototype for
> `apr_thread_rwlock_lock'
>
> This should be easy to fix.

I haven't seen this, but I may have missed it.

> proxy_ftp.c: In function `ap_proxy_ftp_handler':
> proxy_ftp.c:800: warning: subscript has type `char'
>
> I looked at this... I must be missing something, but I swear I don't see
> what the problem is.  Anyone?

I'm actually compiling proxy for the first time.  If I see anything,
I'll comment.  -- justin