httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2001 16:54:34 GMT
On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 12:48:40PM -0400, TOKILEY@aol.com wrote:
> IMHO you are better off knowing before you even start dechunking
> if client send TE: and/or 'trailers' flag.

True, I haven't read up on the RFC to determine exactly when the
trailer is set.  The way that it was being done didn't allow for
trailers to be handled - now it is obvious where this should go.

> There is no way to interpret EOM correctly given the mysterious
> way Transfer-Encoding is allowed to finish + the weird 'out of band'
> CR/LF sutff coming from Netscape unless you know for sure
> going into the dechunking if the client has sent TE: and/or the
> 'trailers' value.

I believe that the AP_MODE_PEEK would actually take care of this.
Greg and I were commenting that it eats any blank CRLF pairs after
a request.  That's not exactly what it is supposed to do (it is
PEEK after all), but it does handle this situation.  The first
request wouldn't read that extra CRLF.  When that request is done,
we do a PEEK and that eats the CRLFs.  Then, the next request is
read.  -- justin