httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: clean_child_exit, just_die and exit
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:08:13 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:
> We (and third party modules) call lots of stuff in clean_child_exit that is not safe
> call from a signal handler. Dean has pointed this out many times. We need to eliminate
> this particular architectural flaw in 2.0.
> BTW, Jeff is working on a patch to 1.3 that will help out some though I do not know all
> the details.

I agree that we should have a "signal" aware version of c_c_e rather
than re-utilizing what we have. The PR's main point was that one key
problem was using exit() instead of _exit() and *that's* a new
one on me, if it's even true. Hell, some default handlers call exit()

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [|]
                   will lose both and deserve neither"

View raw message