httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Stone <dan...@sfarc.net>
Subject APR and apache2 includes should be different
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:18:55 GMT
Hi all,
Currently libapr and apache2 are designed to put their includes into the
one directory. For example:
apxs2 -q INCLUDEDIR, will return /usr/include/apache2, in our Debian
package.

The problem is, we have libapr-dev as well, with {apr,APR}*, from the
include directory, with its includes in /usr/include/libapr. So, apache2
includes go in /usr/include/apache2, in the apache2-dev package, and APR
includes go in /usr/include/libapr, in the libapr-dev package. I find
this vastly preferable for things like xmlvl, which only need APR, not
apache2.

In the short term, we're making both packages use /usr/include/apache2,
to keep things like php4 happy. In the long term, however, I'd like to
propose that apxs2 have two categories, so that:
apxs2 -q AP2INCDIR, returns /usr/include/apache2 (or
/usr/local/apache2/include or whatever)
apxs2 -q APRINCDIR, returns /usr/include/libapr (or
/usr/local/apache2/include or whatever)

apache2 and APR are two different packages; thus they shouldn't have a
common include dir IMHO.

What do you guys think?

:) d

PS: Preliminary packages at http://kabuki.sfarc.net/apache2/, however
please only check them out after 12am AEST (UTC+10).

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
<erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it