httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] apr-client
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:33:12 GMT
On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 03:21:42PM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
> But that said, I'm am a BIG +1 on adding an http client library into the
> ASF's APR project. Whether people want that to go into apr-util or into a
> new apr-client, I'm not too concerned.

FWIW, flood in httpd-test already has 80% of what Sander suggested.
The major thing it is missing is bucket/brigade/filters - which is
why I'm getting pissy about the API change because I want to move
flood to this.  (It is also missing chunking and pipelining which I
was working on when I got interrupted when I saw how httpd handles
it and started to rewrite the input filtering.)

The one thing I would change in Sander's proposal is that I detest
callbacks.  And, I think the API would need to be a bit more
formal.  And, the build process cleaned up.  And, more testing.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.

And, in discussions with Roy, I think he was thinking a client
library should be a part of httpd not APR.  But, I don't care
one way or another.  -- justin