httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] apr-client
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:21:42 GMT
Umm... Ryan... *what* are you talking about? :-)

I do not recall ever discussing a client library in there. Nor as a
motivation for APRUTIL. I'm happy to be disproved on that :-), but I'd
rather see a separate library started for this. An http client library is a
big chunk of code.

I just counted the LOC in aprutil just now. 24 kLOC. I would estimate that
apr-client to be in the neighborhood of 7k to 10k LOC. That is a *big*
change over today's apr-util.

But that said, I'm am a BIG +1 on adding an http client library into the
ASF's APR project. Whether people want that to go into apr-util or into a
new apr-client, I'm not too concerned.

Let's say:

+1 on creating apr-client
-0 on adding to apr-util [ but +1 if apr-client rejected :-) ]

Cheers,
-g

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/