httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Worker MPM defaults
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2001 04:24:12 GMT
On Monday 24 September 2001 08:40 pm, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 04:02:45PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > We don't have owners of code.  We are a team of people working on a
> > single project.  Giving one person ownership implies that they have more
> > control over that section of code than somebody else.
>
> I completely agree with Ryan. While some people may argue that isn't the
> best thing for the code, it *is* the best thing for the group and the
> community. And (IMO) that is at least as important as the code, if not
> more.

I guess I should also point out that there have been many days that I wish
we did have one person who owned a piece of the code.  I would have made
writing some piece of code go faster.  Of course, when the patch is finally
complete, it is always better after I listen to the people who make me slow
down and do things right.  :-)

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org