httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0 release plan was Re: [SUGGESTION] mod_auth_xxxx API
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2001 20:37:34 GMT
On Monday 24 September 2001 01:27 pm, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 02:49:08PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > Yup, that's the ticket.  For 2.1 development.  If we keep this up, there
> > will never be a 2.0 release this year :(
> You know, we should come up with a *RELEASE PLAN* like the Tomcat
> people do.
> I've said it before (it was largely ignored last time):
> "How do we know when we're there if we don't know where we're going?"

We have a release plan.  An engineer tags whenever they believe it is
appropriate.  That build is tested, and we give it a thumbs up/thumbs down
for alpha/beta/gold.  The only reason a tag hasn't been laid recently, is that
we have known about showstoppers.

Ryan Bloom
Covalent Technologies

View raw message