httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.24 STATUS file
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:42:42 GMT
On Thursday 20 September 2001 12:24 pm, Farag, Hany M (Hany) wrote:
> Hi,
> We read this in the STATUS file of 2.0.24:
>
> "There is a bug in how we sort some hooks, at least the pre-config
> hook.  The first time we call the hooks, they are in the correct
> order, but the second time, we don't sort them correctly.  Currently,
> the modules/http/config.m4 file has been renamed to
> modules/http/config2.m4 to work around this problem, it should moved
> back when this is fixed."
>
> But we don't understand the exact problem or the fix... Can you please
> explain..
> Also, if we did not rename the config.m4 files to config2.m4, Can it cause
> a seg fault?

This bug didn't cause seg faults.  It just means that in some instances, the
hooks aren't sorted correctly, so that a function registered bt the http
module was being called in the wrong order.  I am not even sure that this bug
still exists, I need to go back in and check.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org