httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: [PATCH] update to default worker MPM config to match MaxClients fix
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:53:37 GMT
On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 10:51:16AM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> This has been discussed a lot on list, but we never really come to a conclusion.
> I would suggest that we just change the names, and let the flames fall where
> they may.
> 
> I like the idea of changing StartServers to StartProcesses, and Min/Max 
> SpareThreads to Min/Max SpareServers.  We do not want to change 
> MaxRequestsPerChild though, because we are still talking about the maximum
> number of requests each child process will server.  In threaded and worker,
> we count requests for the whole child process, not for each thread.  I also would
> not change ThreadsPerChild, because we are talking about the number of threads
> in each child process.

If we are going to only change names and not definitions (which is what
I think Ryan is suggesting), then I'd rather we did it after this patch
goes through.

-aaron

Mime
View raw message