httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/worker worker.c
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:32:42 GMT
On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 06:34:11AM -0000, wrote:
> jwoolley    01/09/18 23:34:11
>   Modified:    server/mpm/worker worker.c
>   Log:
>   I was kinda hoping those (void)some_function() and (request_rec *)NULL
>   casts would go away before this committed, but alas I didn't say anything.
>   :-)  This gets rid of them and a few others just like them that I also
>   found in worker.c.

Um. I'm leaning towards a -1 on removing those (void) casts. The functions
return a value, and it is not being used. The (void) makes it clear that the
values are being discarded.

And generally, a discarded value isn't a Good Thing, so those (void) casts
leave markers for somebody to fix the code at some future time.

Greg Stein,

View raw message