httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: merge macros
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 01:08:33 GMT
On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 03:18:35PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> On Monday 10 September 2001 15:11, Sander Striker wrote:
> > Ryan, was that a -1, or just a 'don't invest time in it, I don't
> > think it's worth it'?
> The latter.  I would never veto something like this, I just don't believe that
> it is required.

Translated as, "I wouldn't spend time on it, but your time is yours -- feel
free spend your time on it if you want."

IMO, things that clarify or make the codebase more consistent are always a
good thing. In some cases, not enough of this happens and the codebase
begins to show its creakiness. Adding comments, increasing consistency,
refactoring, etc.

Greg Stein,

View raw message