httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:57:08 GMT

> I have removed my veto.  Although, I would point out that illegitimate veto
> or not, nobody in this group has ever gotten away with going through a veto.
> The only reason I have removed my veto is that it really looks like everybody
> was about to ignore it anyway.  This whole thing just leaves me with a bad
> taste in my mouth.  All I keep thinking, is that we are trying to spite RC by
> adding a different GZ module.

I dislike the feeling that 'experimental' is a valid dumping ground
for modules that we think are cool can can't be bothered with. I've
never been very comfy with the whole concept and now accepting
mod_gz and then "plopping" it in there simply because, well... I
forget the reason why we *have* to include it (and why we have to
include it *right now*) but anyway.... the whole thing seems
a bit rushed/forced for my tastes.

                   will lose both and deserve neither"