httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:33:43 GMT
* On 2001-09-10 at 11:17,
  Ryan Bloom <rbb@covalent.net> excited the electrons to say:

> I have removed my veto.  Although, I would point out that illegitimate veto
> or not, nobody in this group has ever gotten away with going through a veto.
> The only reason I have removed my veto is that it really looks like everybody
> was about to ignore it anyway.

I doubt it mightily.  I think people are/were trying to show you that
*they* support it.  People are permitted to have opinions, you know.
And even though I personally thought your veto was bogus, it was
still a veto and I would not have countenanced it being overridden.

> This whole thing just leaves me with a bad
> taste in my mouth.  All I keep thinking, is that we are trying
> to spite RC by adding a different GZ module.

That may be the case for others, but not for me.  I feel strongly
that this functionality belongs in our distribution.  Until
last week's unpleasantness convinced me of certain things, I
would not have cared which implementation was accepted (modulo
the various concerns already voiced by myself and others).
--
#ken	P-)}