httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2001 12:32:03 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> >
> > FWIW, I don't thinking creating a sub-project for one file makes
> > a lot of sense.  -- justin
>
> I agree with Justin on this, and disagree with FirstBill and Ryan.

Before we do *anything* I'd like to see:

  1. General consensus that we want this capability added in.
     It seems to me that adding mod_gz is a knee-jerk reaction to
     *not* wanting to add mod_gzip.
  2. That we have a signed contrib agreement for the code.

I'm sure that many people have avoided the whole discussion because
of the flames, and it would be pretty stupid if we end up, after the
dust has settled, removing it ala the LDAP stuff.

This has been a whirlwind situation, so let's take a few breathes
here... It's not a crucial componant of 2.0, so again, why rush?
                   will lose both and deserve neither"