httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2001 19:01:36 GMT
On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 10:02:47AM -0600, Charles Randall wrote:
> Since I'm not a committer, I asked Ken if he would kindly add these items to
> STATUS so they wouldn't get lost. I haven't seen STATUS yet, but I didn't
> intend them to be show-stoppers (though I didn't say either way, guess I
> should have been more specific). If they're in that section, they should be
> moved down to the "real nice to wrap these up" or "other" sections.

In the future, it would probably be better to submit it to the list
rather than emailing a specific committer.

> FreeBSD's pthreads implementation may very well be broken. I've been trying
> to follow this topic and haven't seen that conclusion in detail. I think
> it's still an open issue.

The problem with threads in FreeBSD is an APR issue not a HTTPD issue
(if it is even a APR issue at that).  I believe there is a note in
STATUS over in APR about it.  If not, well there should be.  We
should use STATUS to try and document where we are with this...

I have attempted to try and resolve the problem on FreeBSD, however
it looks like something is horrendously broken on FreeBSD.  I
probably need to join the FreeBSD-hackers list and post on there
about this.

Since I'm going out of town for two weeks this weekend, I won't
be able to even think about addressing it until I get back.  I
have posted all of the information I am currently aware of to the
dev@apr list, so if someone wants to step in and track it down,
please look at the archives and have fun bug hunting.  I can't
find anything obviously wrong with our implementation.  It looks
correct.  My gut feeling is that no one is using sendfile() with
threads on FreeBSD.  =-) -- justin