httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 23:56:53 GMT
On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 07:39:39PM -0400, TOKILEY@aol.com wrote:
> I still don't think you answered the REAL question, though,
> and that is why, in light of everything else going on at the
> moment trying to get this 2.0 puppy at least to a BETA
> tarball so many more people can TEST it ( don't know if
> you realize it but there are many people out there who
> won't test an Alpha but they will test a Beta ) is the
> inclusion of mod_gz such a house on fire for you RIGHT NOW.

Personally, I've been trying my best to help Apache 2.0 hit
another beta.  =-)  But, that doesn't mean that is the only
thing I need to do.  I don't think it's a "house on fire"
issue, but I do think it is something that needs to happen.
I think it would be better overall if we get new modules in
sooner rather than later.

> The better answer would be that in light of the IO problems you
> saw trying to test mod_gz with mod_include you think that
> mod_gz MUST be there because only that combo is going
> to show the flaws in the filtering, or something like that.

I do think that we need a filter that runs at the server level.
My testing with mod_gz pointed out some inconsistencies in our
filtering model that we're ducking (see the posts about
AddOutputFilter - wrowe hasn't replied to this yet).  At some
point, we'll have to address it.  It'd be nice if we could
address it with a module in our core.  =-)  -- justin