httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 16:19:42 GMT
On Thursday 06 September 2001 08:53, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> * On 2001-09-06 at 11:51,
>
>   rbb@apache.org <rbb@apache.org> excited the electrons to say:
> >   I am veto'ing this, for now at least.  I will support making mod_gz
> >   a separate sub-project of httpd, and possibly rolling it into a later
> >   release of 2.0, but now is not the time to do this.
>
> Vetos need a valid technical justification, not just an opinion..

Yes they do, and the valid technical reason is that the core doesn't need
this right now, it does not fulfill all of the criteria that people have posted
to dev@httpd.  This is also the wrong time to be adding new modules to the
core.  This can easily wait until 2.1, when we can make a more informed
decision about it.

Many people have said that adding modules to the core should not be
done haphazardly, and this feels like it is being done haphazardly.  I do not
want to regret doing this a few months from now, so I want to take adding this
module to the core slowly.  I feel like it is being rammed down our throats, and
I don't like that.

Ryan
______________________________________________________________
Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org
Covalent Technologies			rbb@covalent.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Mime
View raw message