httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 21:56:25 GMT
On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 02:49:56PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> If the module is a part of the server, then it must work before the server
> is production ready.  You can't have a module that doesn't work in a server
> that is going GA, it doesn't make sense.  You will find if you read the
> archives, that we have cancelled releases in the past, because a single
> module did not work correctly.  Anytime you put something into the core,
> you take the very real chance of delaying the core server.

I thought that we didn't follow the policy with certain modules.
AIUI, mod_ssl is exempt from this.  Why not mod_gz as well?  Or, as
some have suggested - stick it in modules/experimental?

I'd also like to point out that no one has said that the module
didn't work as expected.  I tested it before I submitted it with
my +1.  If it doesn't work, it'd be fixed.

FWIW, I don't thinking creating a sub-project for one file makes
a lot of sense.  -- justin