httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 21:45:16 GMT
On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 02:39:18PM -0400, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> +1 on the veto :-)
>
> I am a strong +1 in favor of making this a subproject and probably rolling it into a
post
> 2.0 release. The presence of mod_gz in the core now -will- impact folks who are working
on
> stabilizing the server.

For my own reference, I'd like to know exactly how adding mod_gz in
the tree will impact the few folks "working" on stabilizing the
server (other than as a distraction on this list - which this should
have been a easy yes vote last weekend).  It's a module.  No one has
to enable it if they don't want to.  It has zero impact on the rest
of the server (due to our architecture).  It implements something
outlined in RFC 2616 that almost all browsers support today.

Adding mod_gz will cause "instability" seems to be a common
thread among the vetoers here.  Please enlighten me as to how this
is the case.  -- justin