httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: new developer
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 23:50:08 GMT
Pavel Zaitsev wrote:
 > Hi,
 > I am would like to participate in 2.0 development,

Welcome, neat.

 > whatever I can do.

Generally people work on what interests them, or you can look in
the STATUS file for things what need attention.

 > However I wonder if there cookbook style page, on 2.0 or apache development
 > in general,

Not that I know of, people start writing one, but bringing it to closure
is hard.

 > where I can learn how to post patches,

you post them here.  The recomended ritual is to get your copy of
the sources using CVS.  "cvs diff -u" will generate the patch
in a format approprate to submit.

 > peopl ... they assume that patches
 > work?

we like to think people who submit patches test them agains current
source before they submit them.   But people with commit rights
are careful to review them before apply them to the master copy.

Be prepared for some constructive critique when you submit patches.

Please feel free to ask more questions.

 - ben