httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:13:50 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:
 > I have removed my veto.

thanks, I know I carefully reviewed the case you were making before
my recent vote change in support of letting it go into experimental.
the small kernel, the dominace of GA 2.0 are both powerful arguements.

 > ... veto ...

it's always a pain when we get into the veto space, testy - a sad turn
of events, a particular pain for the person the plays that veto card.

 > ... bad taste in my mouth.

worth everybodies extra nickels to remain patent and gentlemanly so one
does not feel the need to use the veto preemptively

 > ... thinking, is that we are trying to spite RC by ...

if i thought that, even a little bit, i'd be livid.  i don't.  PMC
membership is a responsiblity.    i'm happy to say that absolutely
every single pmc member I've every interacted clearly appreciated that.
we have passionate people, but i've yet to notice anybody showing the least
tendency to letting their emotions or self interest lead their technical
choices.

 - ben