httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: zlib inclusion and mod_gz(ip) recap
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 17:01:21 GMT

> That's wonderful news for users. No longer do they download the tarball,
>  build it, and enable the features they want, now they trawl the web
>  looking for this module and that module - assuming they even know the
>  modules exist in the first place.

That's the way it's always been.
Your users are used to it.

Every tried to install mod_ssl for 1.3.x?

They will kiss your foot once you simply make sure they
don't have to go through that bullshit anymore. Anything
else is icing on the cake.

>  We need to keep things simple from a user perspective, and not just
>  focus on keeping things simple from a developers perspective.

The I suggest you only assault them with multithreading and
filtering on a first go-around with your ( 5 years in the making )
new release.

Those 2 alone are going to be hard enough for them to get
configured correctly.

Heck... there aren't even a whole lotta developers on the forum
that know how to set up the filtering right yet.

Yours...
Kevin Kiley