httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server request.c
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:28:31 GMT
From: "Greg Ames" <gregames@remulak.net>
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 11:53 AM

> wrowe@apache.org wrote:
> >
> > wrowe       01/09/27 21:46:37
> >
> >   Modified:    server   request.c
> >   Log:
> >     Overhaul the compatibility with 1.3's subrequest and redirect processing.
> >

> Will,
>
> My / URI is serving /index.html again with RewriteEngine On.  Thanks a
> bunch.
>
> I don't know about the file lookup subrequests though.  I suspect I'm
> not driving that code, since I didn't see failures with just the core
> translate patch backed off.

It was when you consider / -> /index.html (redirect) -> /index.html.xx (subreq)

By backing off the core translate patch, you closed the window on the
subrequest "/index.html" filename problem.  You didn't close the window
on the original side effects, that the file subrequests such as
/manual -> /manual/ (redirect) -> /manual/index.html (subreq) would end up
with an empty URI which would crash in other phases of the request.  Or maybe
not anymore (with other bug fixes) but this seemed like the most readable
code for folks to grasp what ap_process_request_internal() was doing.

Bill