httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Worker MPM defaults
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:51:50 GMT
From: "Greg Stein" <gstein@lyra.org>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 10:40 PM

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 04:02:45PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > We don't have owners of code.  We are a team of people working on a single
> > project.  Giving one person ownership implies that they have more control
> > over that section of code than somebody else.
>
> I completely agree with Ryan. While some people may argue that isn't the
> best thing for the code, it *is* the best thing for the group and the
> community. And (IMO) that is at least as important as the code, if not more.

Agreed that community 'ownership' assures that everyone feels responsible,
and the burden doesn't fall on one individual.

We do have a concept of 'module maintainers'.  But that's a seperate issue,
applies more to specific platforms, and is largely invalidated by our sub-
project schema (where there is a 'group' of proxy owners who are very keen
to keep that code up to snuff.)

Bill