httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Null r->uri?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 06:16:24 GMT
From: "Cliff Woolley" <>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 12:05 AM

> It did up until about two weeks ago, but then that was because r->uri was
> set to a completely bogus value (the string "INTERNALLY GENERATED
> file-relative req" or something like that), rather than just "".  =-)  I
> don't think r->uri can be actually NULL, though (somebody correct me if
> I'm wrong).

We haven't decided what should become of r->uri in a relative file lookup
yet, have we?  I'd suggest the undecorated (relative) file name itself,
e.g. "".  Clearly invalid (it's relative) yet protective (it hits
all tests except <location >, and other applications interested in r->uri
won't be overly confused).

We can set an apr_pool_userdata element to flag that it is a legitimate
exception, and filter those out again later in the request parsing.

View raw message