httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [SUGGESTION] mod_auth_xxxx API
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:49:08 GMT
From: "Mladen Turk" <mturk@mappingsoft.com>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 2:36 PM

> Well, there is a module called mod_auth_any and basically that's what I'm
> talking about, but I'm offering another approach.
>
> Almost all auth modules currently in the core distribution has a lots in
> common so I'm suggesting the following:

[snip]

Yup, that's the ticket.  For 2.1 development.  If we keep this up, there will
never be a 2.0 release this year :(

I think we want to do the bare minimum of changes to make the server both
correct, and robust, and get it out the door.

Then we open the httpd-2.1 repository for business.  I'd love to see the
changes you discuss, and which have been suggested by others, to fix the
authn/authz scheme.  Let's keep that idea, just on hold for a bit.

Bill