httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:08:03 GMT
From: "Graham Leggett" <minfrin@sharp.fm>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 9:51 AM

> "William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:
>
> > http://modules.apache.org/
> >
> > Perhaps this isn't frequently referenced enough from our own pages???
>
> There is currently no way to distinguish between apache-supported (but
> not included in the core) modules, and third party modules which have no
> implied level of code quality. This distinction is very important from a
> user perspective.

That has nothing to do with the comment by Gomez Henri;

> > A clean solution could be to add a page (on site and in distro)
> > listing all known external modules, functionnalities provided and
> > of course their home page.

> I agree with Ian's httpd-extra's proposal, which is a release of extra
> stuff that is not part of the core, but is "blessed" and supported by
> the folks here.

There is no blessing if it's not an httpd project (although httpd hackers
are welcome to refer folks to external projects, I do it myself.)

Your point that we fail to list (never mind *highlight*!) our subprojects,
fingers a real shortcoming that I hope is addressed this month!!!  I have
some rework to our main http://httpd.apache.org/ project page that would
highlight these subprojects.  I am just flooded for the next several days,
so I can't come back to that problem right this moment.

Bill