httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Remove mod_ldap
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 21:26:32 GMT
From: "Cliff Woolley" <cliffwoolley@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 8:42 AM

> On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Ryan Bloom wrote:
>
> > It seems that most people on this list were surprised to see mod_ldap in
> > the core.  We all expected a small LDAP library in apr-util, and nothing
> > in the core.  Since there are at least two people who have mentioned that
> > they would have voted -1 for mod_ldap, can I get a vote to remove it now?
> >
> > BTW,  +1 from me.
>
> +0 to remove it from the core.  I don't mind having a small ldap blob in
> apr-util, though, and I'm +1 for having an httpd-ldap repository set up to
> house mod_ldap.

Had the mod_ldap proposal been submitted as a discrete message, instead of
being completely entangled in the apr-util discussion, I would have (and am
now voting) +1 to introduce an httpd-ldap sub-project.  I would have vetoed
the introduction into our core httpd-2.0 cvs.  So I vote +1 to remove it
and introduce the subproject instead.

This was really 'snuck through' - in that there was never a clear
(and seperate) vote to introduce mod_ldap.  I'm not irritated by it, but
I'd like to see this made right by and acceptable to the entire group.

Bill