httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: some Apache questions
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2001 22:27:13 GMT
From: "G√ľnter Knauf" <eflash@gmx.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2001 9:03 AM

>>> - I've used a patch against mod_autoindex which enables setting of colors
>>> with server generated indexes and it works fine; no I wanted to build
>>> mod_autoindex as separate module, but when I do so mod_autoindex runs
>>> fine
>>> but 'MultiViews' doesnt work anymore! Is this because of wrong load
>>> order?
>>> I tested this only with NetWare, so it may be an issue with this
>>> platform...
>>
>> -1 for these sorts of changes to core for the 1.3 tree - but to answer to
>
> no, I didnt want to get these changes in! That was the reason why I tried buidling mod_autoindex
as separate module.

I misunderstood, sorry!  Try this; patch mod_autoindex to rename the module (it's
bad form to use a significantly modified module with the same identity, anyways.)

LoadModule new_autoindex_module modules/new_autoindex.so
# >>> This will unload mod_autoindex;
ClearModuleList

AddModule new_autoindex_module
AddModule list_of_all_but_mod_autoindex

Be really careful to follow the old ordering of modules, placing new_autoindex
exactly where mod_autoindex once fell.

Bill