httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/include httpd.h
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 23:57:21 GMT
   I guess I don't understand something here.  The function ap_http_method(r) already exists
and still does.  The implementation of it on all platforms is simply hard coded to "http".
 All that was done was implementing it so that it would be able to determine the difference
between a secure request and a non-secure request as was orignally intended by the function.
 How this is done is very OS dependant.  I did not introduce a new API or new functionality.
 I simply implemented an existing function so that it would work on NetWare.  If there were
common code that would allow all platforms to determine the type of socket and therefore the
type of request, I would be more that happy to implement it.  But other than NetWare and Windows,
I don't believe anybody else is using Winsock and I don't believe Winsock on Windows implements
SO_SSL_GET_SERVER on the WSAIoctl() function.  If the fact that ap_http_method(r) is implemented
as intented on NetWare and unimplemented on all other platforms is a problem, then I am more
that happy to rollback the change and please forgive me for jumping the gun.

Brad

>>> fielding@ebuilt.com Monday, August 13, 2001 4:11:35 PM >>>
On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 05:09:42PM -0000, bnicholes@apache.org wrote:
> bnicholes    01/08/13 10:09:42
>
>   Modified:    src/include httpd.h
>   Log:
>   Redefined ap_http_method(r) to ap_os_http_method(r) for NetWare so that
>   we can appropriately recontruct the URL in ap_contruct_url() based on a
>   secure or unsecure socket.

-1.  This has nothing to do with the OS.  If you need the functionality,
get the patch from Apache-SSL and apply the common part of it such that this
will work for all platforms and all SSL modules.  And change the name to
ap_server_url_scheme (or something else that doesn't contradict the HTTP
specification).

DO NOT make changes to functionality in 1.3 without posting them to the
mailing list first for vote an approval.

...Roy