httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Comments on accept-mutex/single-listen patch ??
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:05:00 GMT
At 4:29 PM -0400 8/29/01, Bill Stoddard wrote:

>I still don't grok why SingleListen is needed. In fact, it seems down right dangerous
and
>I am -1 on this directive until someone bashes me with a clue stick :-)

I agree that it's dangerous... The intent was to make as much of the accept
mutex configuration runtime as possible, and SingleListen was easy to do...
Sort of having the capability to adjust during runtime (on or off) on
a platform by platform basis in real-world conditions.

To my mind, AcceptMutex is key, and if SingleListen needs to go
then fine...
                   will lose both and deserve neither"