httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.24 tagged.
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:51:41 GMT
Daniel Stone <daniel@sfarc.net> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 09:19:32PM -0600, Jerry Baker wrote:
> > Daniel Stone wrote:
> > >
> > > +1 for beta if SSL works
> > > +1 for alpha if SSL doesn't work
> >
> > SSL appears to work, TLS does not (last I tested).
>
> Can you please give me an example config file (or just the directives I
> need) for mod_ssl, and also the steps needed to make keys, certificates,
> etc?

It is really easy to set up.

make sure you have openssl installed

add "--enable-ssl" to configure options (may need --with-ssl=path if
installed in a non-standard place

while it is compiling, read

  http://www.slacksite.com/apache/certificate.html

and follow the directions for generating a certificate

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
SSLCertificateFile /home/goober/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /home/goober/server.pem
SSLLog /home/goober/apacheinst/logs/ssllog
SSLLogLevel debug
</IfModule>
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.7:8081>     (replace ip:port with something appropriate)
SSLEngine on
</VirtualHost>

curl is nice for playing around; make sure you add
"--with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl" (substitute your path if necessary) to its
configure invocation

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...