httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Error : Apache [ __wcsrtombs: Assertion `data.outbuf != (unsigned char *) dst' failed ]
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:02:07 GMT
"Atur Shah" <atur@vigorsoft.com> writes:

> When accessing through the browser its not able to load the page. The
> error logs saw this error.
> (http://localhost/) and (http://localhost/<anyother-php-file>) works
> fine.
>
> httpd: wcsrtombs.c:116: __wcsrtombs: Assertion `data.outbuf != (unsigned
> char *) dst' failed.
> [Wed Aug 22 17:16:56 2001] [notice] child pid 15650 exit signal Aborted
> (6)

wcstrombs.c appears to be a glibc file (from google).  I guess you
could get a coredump and follow the backtrace to see who called into
glibc.  Hopefully it is some sort of bad parameter passed to glibc.

Maybe PHP is doing it; maybe Apache is doing it; maybe it is yet
another function.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...