httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.26?
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:03:02 GMT
Cliff Woolley <cliffwoolley@yahoo.com> writes:

> On 30 Aug 2001, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
> > Ian Holsman <IanH@cnet.com> writes:
> >
> > > should we re-roll&tar 26 (which would include a patch to worker and
> > > ldap_cache, some NW fixes and the apr-dbm change)
> >
> > we might wanna wait to tag 2.0.26 until we get httpd not to leave
> > behind shared memory on Linux every time you start and stop it :)
>
> Okay.  I wasn't aware of this problem.  Does it look like there might
> possibly be an "easy" fix?

too early to tell...

more details:

prefork
level of code is pretty darn close to HEAD
the shared memory cleanup gets called in the parent and we do shmdt()
use count while running is 6 (parent + 5 servers)
use count after sending sigterm is 0

maybe at creation time we need to do something to have the shared
memory go away when the use count hits zero?

dunno... gotta go look at docs and read some code (like mm :) )

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...