httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: mod_negotiation.c 1.74
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:00:32 GMT
Jeff Trawick <trawick@attglobal.net> writes:

> "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> writes:
>
> > We now fail to read mmap var content entirely.  This is bad.
> > However, it is as likely as not that the apr_seek code is simply
> > broken on Win32 buffered files.  Please, let me know if you are
> > seeing only a single variant listed for .var files if you set your
> > language to something like xx for a Unix server, so I know where to
> > look first in the morning.
> >
> > We actually flip between gets and read, which makes things tricky.
>
> The problem seems to be that ungetc doesn't work on buffered files.
> And yet the ungetc operation is usually needed by program logic that
> needs buffering.

Oops, this was a Unix statement (now out-of-date :) ).  I have no idea
why mod_negotiation is failing on Win32.  testfile.exe just ran fine
for me on Win98.  I don't have a way to run Apache on Win32, so no
guesses on the failure other than that the problem is most likely in
srclib/file_io/win32/*.c :)

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...