httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Currently known issues with 2.0.23
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 15:14:10 GMT
Cliff Woolley <cliffwoolley@yahoo.com> writes:

> It looks like there might be a problem with _un_graceful restarts on
> threaded, namely that the whole server just vaporizes.  It doesn't do a
> clean shutdown because the pidfile is left behind, but it's gone
> nevertheless.  I've yet to find evidence of a segfault happening, but that
> remains a possibility.  I just checked and it works fine on prefork (as
> expected).  Will investigate further tomorrow.

Greg Ames and I have been playing with this.  See a patch I just
committed to mod_cgid.  [Apparently] since 8/6/2001 when dougm fixed a
leak problem, ungraceful restart was segfaulting in the parent
process.  If you retag this as 2.0.23 just wipe the CHANGES entry
since the problem appeared and went away in 2.0.23.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...