httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/experimental mod_charset_lite.c
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:53:25 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> writes:

> Jeff,
>
>   does this really work?!?  That is, you are looking at the core per-dir-config,
> but the mod_mime and soon other modules have configurable filters.  These entries
> do _not_ go into the core config.

I guess you're telling me that it doesn't work because now there are
more ways to get filters added :)  This would only check filters added
via core directives.  Darn...

>   Perhaps this needs to become a request_rec field, or we need an iterator over
> the configured filters in the core?

I don't think either of those (request_rec field or iterator) would
help my situation.

The logic in question is called from my insert-filter hook, where I
want to insert the appropriate filter if I've been told to perform a
translation.  However, in certain cases the admin has to use a
directive like AddOutputFilter to cause the charset filter to be
inserted at a special location relative to other content filters
(e.g., INCLUDES).  In that case, I don't want my insert-filter hook to
add it again since the core will add it.

I think you're saying that beyond core (whose config I was looking
at), any other modules (e.g., mime) might add a charset filter too
based on their own directives.  And if this is the case, then
obviously my insert-filter hook shouldn't bother checking because
another module could add my filter after my insert-filter hook is
called.  Thus, I have to wait until my filter is called to see if my
implicitly-added filter needs to be removed.

Right?

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...