httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Comments on accept-mutex/single-listen patch ??
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:18:22 GMT
Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> writes:

> I'm not going to "fight" for it if it sacrifices the AcceptMutex
> stuff. *THAT* is a real, obvious need, and anyone who doesn't think
> so has never actually *used* Apache in a sys-admin/webmaster
> environment.

There is no way that anything having to do with SingleListen is going
to sacrifice the AcceptMutex stuff.  Even if you get disgusted
somebody else will commit it.

AFAICT, nobody here thinks that AcceptMutex isn't needed.  OTOH, I
don't think anybody is on the same wavelength with you
w.r.t. "AcceptMutex none" :)

My guess is that SingleListen would be misunderstood/misused far more
often than gainfully used.  Even in a mixed-os-level environment there
can be other reasons to recompile apache+modules specifically for the
uplevel boxes.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...