httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: is apache building properly for anybody on Darwin?
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:04:00 GMT
"Bill Stoddard" <bill@wstoddard.com> writes:

> > # httpd - temporary wrapper script for .libs/httpd
> > # Generated by ltmain.sh - GNU libtool 1.3.4-freebsd-ports (1.385.2.196
> > 1999/12/07 21:47:57)
> > #
> > # The httpd program cannot be directly executed until all the libtool
> > # libraries that it depends on are installed.
> > #
>
> Huh?  Okay, I confess ignorance, but this looks like very bad news. Now we need libtool
> libraries to -run- Apache? If that is the case, then I feel a -1 (and that's a veto)
> coming on :-)

s/libtool libraries/libraries built by libtool, such as apr and apr-util/

Everything seems cool after an install*, and dsos haven't been proper
until an install for a while anyway, so no big deal.  Just be aware
that if you don't run the installed version you're really running a
shell script which in turn runs .libs/lt-httpd or .libs/lt-ab or
whatever.

*except on Darwin AFAIK; I'll assume somebody else has had a look-see
on Solaris and I'll try to have a look-see on AIX today

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...