httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/filters mod_include.c
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2001 12:37:42 GMT
"Brian Havard" <brianh@kheldar.apana.org.au> writes:

> I'm seeing a SEGV when parsing a file > 8192 bytes (even 1 byte greater).
> Notable points:
> - Stack is trashed, can't get a backtrace
> - The client receives the full & correct response
> - Appears to be a call to a null function pointer (EIP=0 in trap log),
> destroying the buckets. It could just be a symptom of other corruption
> though.
> - It still crashes even if the output is shorter than 8192 due to tag
> parsing.
>
> This is on OS/2 where there's no mmap or sendfile. We've seen before that
> the non-mmap code path is different enough to have its own bugs....

Can you post your test file please?

I just turned off APR_HAS_MMAP on Linux (and verified that the mmap
bucket code was missing!), then re-ran tests where a tag appears at
offsets 1 through 10,000.  I didn't hit any problems in the server,
and the included file was expanded properly.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...