httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: APR_INCOMPLETE status
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 12:10:48 GMT
"Amit Athavale" <amit_athavale@lycos.com> writes:

> IN this function there is a call to "apr_stat" to find out about
> parent information.
>Actually it should return APR_SUCCESS.
> But in my case it returns APR_INCOMPLETE. Can somebody tell me whats
> the exact meaning
>of APR_INCOMPLETE ??
>
> Right now i hae changed code such that if return status APR_INCOMPLETE then also continue.
And surprisingly it works!!

(meta: the correct mailing list for APR issues like this is
dev@apr.apache.org; please configure your mail client to wrap lines at
72 chars or so)

Unfortunately, there are now two uses of APR_INCOMPLETE:

1) (original use) the final character in a buffer being
   translated/recoded from one character set to another is incomplete

2) not all the information requested about a file could be retrieved

   By far most occurrences of APR_INCOMPLETE in the APR and Apache
   sources are this second use.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...